If you are registered member of FSDaily and are logged in, you will see a new option next to "My account"... that's right - you now have your very own FSDaily blog account. If you have something free software related to tell the community go ahead and post it.
Here's what we hope to see:
- News round ups - see a common theme in the news? An industry trend? An underlying Tie them together in a post that explains what is happening. where various news items are tied together.
- Opinion pieces - do you have two cents that you would like to share with the rest of us? Something you've been bottling up? Well... what are you waiting for? Post a blog about it.
- News items - do you have some news you want to flash? Got a large scoop of hot gossip? Post it on FSDaily first so we can be the first to know.
- Philosophical/ethical/political articles - this is something that we are sorely lacking. If you have a good way of explaining why people should use free over proprietary and open over closed then please let us hear it. Most of us know already but it helps to hear it said in different ways.
- Guides/howtos/tips - you know how to do something that others don't? Please share your wealth of knowledge. From beginner's tips to advanced guru guides we all have something to learn and something to teach.
- Interviews - is there someone in the free software community you'd like to interrogate or just get to know better? Why not ask them for an interview and post it here so we can learn about them too.
- Announcements - do you run or are part of a free software project? Do you need to let us know about an upcoming event, release or some other sort of announcement? Please post it here.
- Reviews - fancy yourself as a bit of a connoisseur of free software? Why not review some of your favorite and not-so-favorite apps?
- Comparisons - two or more programs that you'd like to compare and contrast? One proprietary and the other a free software alternative? Great! Please do.
- Experiences - had a good experience with free software? Share it with the rest of us.
Unfortunately, at this point, posts will not be automatically submitted to our upcoming queue. Which means that if you want the community to vote for them you will need to submit them yourself or wait for someone else to submit them. We do want your posts to be submitted automatically but it requires a lot of work to make that happen and we wanted to make sure the community would use the blogs before we spent too much time on it... Plus we really couldn't wait to hear what you have to say.
Let the blogging commence. We can't wait to see what you all can produce.