The leaks confirm everything that we feared about the secret ACTA negotiations..including obligations on ISPs to adopt Three Strikes Internet disconnection policies, and a global expansion of DMCA-style TPM laws.actRead more »
"I have been talking to quite a few people about Hushmail and I have been getting mixed reviews. For a long time, Hushmail was considered a very secure email provider until an affidavit from a DEA agent in 2007 raised concerns. And now there's this sketchy post on Cryptome saying their PGP app might be backdoored.Read more »
## In this issue
* It's not the Gates, it's the bars
* Act on ACTA!
* Fight the Canadian DMCA!
* Rhapsody and Naxos go DRM free
* Refusing Digital Monitoring Policies
* 5 reasons to avoid iPhone 3G
* autonomo.us activist group to focus on freedom in network services
* identi.ca is autonomo.us
* GNU spotlight with Karl Berry
* Richard Stallman's speaking schedule
* Take action!
"ACTA, the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement, is a proposed enforcement treaty between United States, the European Community, Switzerland, Japan, Australia, the Republic of Korea, New Zealand and Mexico, with Canada set to join any day now..."
Take action! ..."Read more »