Today the ARD internet platform Tagesschau.de will receive an award for the use of Open Standards at the "Document Freedom Day". The prize is awarded by the Free Software Foundation Europe (FSFE) and the Foundation for a Free Information Infrastructure e.V. (FFII) for offering the broadcasted shows also in the free video format "Ogg Theora".Read more »
Headlines this month:
- Revolution failed: Facebook not available in Egypt;
- Lawyered! - FSFE's legal workshop;
- Leaked documents highlight Germany's Foreign Office move back to non-free software;
- Valentine's Day campaign and PDFReaders news;
- Document Freedom Day: get involved!
Document Freedom Day will be on 25 March 2009. After DFD '08 was a huge success with 205 teams around the world organising various activities to promote Document Freedom, now is the time to start planning for DFD '09.Read more »
The Candle light vigil demands India to appeal ISO approval of ooxml based on its comments and no vote. We also demands the Department of IT to draft a clear national policy for the use of Free standards for data storage.
This programme is planned as a starting point for various events & awareness campaigns on Document freedom.
When: 15 April 2008, 6pmRead more »